Sausage & Mushroom Pizza
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound Hatfield Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- With greased fingers, pat dough onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and red pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Or wrap pizza and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pizza: Unwrap and place on a pizza pan; thaw in the refrigerator. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.