Onion Baguette Bratwurst
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 2 each French baguettes, heated
- 10 each Hatfield® Bratwurst (2 packages)
- 2 cans (12 oz) Light beer
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 each Medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup Dark beer
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, place brats evenly in the bottom of the bowl and pour light beer over. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To make relish, saute onions in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the dark beer, brown sugar, mustards and cayenne.
- On a hot grill, grill the marinated brats until well marked and cooked through, or until plumped and no longer pink. Keep them in the hot relish mixture in the oven until they are all grilled and you are ready to serve.
- Slice the hot baguettes in half, not cutting all the way through so that the halves stay connected. Cut baguettes into 6 inch lengths. Lay brad in baguette, slicing brad lengthwise, piling each one generously with hot onion relish. Serve immediately.