Ham and Cheese Melt with Apple
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 pound mild cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Hatfield Deli Ham, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread half the bread slices with honey mustard. Layer with cheddar, ham, apple, and more cheddar, dividing evenly. Top with remaining bread slices. Lightly butter both sides of sandwiches.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook sandwiches, turning once, until bread is golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer sandwiches to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in oven until cheddar is melted, about 5 minutes. Cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal, and serve warm.