Bacon & Goat Cheese Spring Salad
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: August 31, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces crisp Hatfield® Thick Sliced Bacon (cut into 3-inch strips)
- 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cold 6-ounce log fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Spring salad mix (6-8 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and slivered almonds in a small mixing bowl. Dip the sliced goat cheese slices in the egg white and dip in the breadcrumb and almond mixture. Make sure you coat on all sides. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour. Place the goat cheese rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake until golden brown and warm, about 5 minutes.
- Dressing: In a bowl combine the vinegar, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in mustard and slowly add the oil. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Toss the bacon and greens in a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix gently into the salad. Place salad on individual plates and top with goat cheese round.