Pork Cordon Bleu
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 4 Hatfield® Simply Tender™ Portions Traditional Pork Chops
- 2 ounces prosciutto, OR wafer thin ham
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 2 x 1/4" rectangles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, fine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Slice each chop lengthwise almost in half to butterfly. Between two pieces of plastic wrap, pound each butterflied chop to 1/8-inch thickness. On half of each chop, place 1/2-ounce proscuitto and 1 piece of cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Roll chops to enclose filling. Coat with flour, dip in egg wash and roll in bread crumbs.
- In large frying pan, melt butter. Add pork and cook 10-12 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through and browned on all sides. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.