Pork Chops with Sofrito
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 8 Hatfield Simply Tender Portions Traditional Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 8-oz cans Salsa de Tomate, LaPreferida or Goya
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork loin chops and brown 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add diced onions, peppers and garlic; cook 5 minutes until browned and softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce and chili powder, cook 5 minutes; reduce heat to low.
- Return pork loin chops to pan. Simmer 8 to10 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Serve over yellow rice with pigeon peas.