Pork Chops and Mushroom Gravy
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 490 minutes
- 4 Hatfield® Simply Tender™ Portions Traditional Pork Chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced, OR 2 6 1/2-oz cans mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, OR 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 10 3/4-oz can condensed golden mushroom soup
- Season chops with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In medium skillet sauté mushrooms in butter until tender, about 5-6 minutes. (If using canned mushrooms, omit butter and sautéing step).
- Layer chops, mushrooms, onion and thyme in 4-quart slow cooker; pour soup over all.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7-8 hours, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.