Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 8 Hatfield Simply Tender Portions Traditional Pork Chops
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 6-oz package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup butter-flavor shortening
- Beat together eggs and water in a small bowl until foamy. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Place stuffing mix in a self-sealing plastic bag; finely crush with a rolling pin. Stir in Asiago or Parmesan cheese and poppy seeds. Transfer to a second shallow bowl.
- Trim fat from chops. Coat chops with crushed mixture. Dip into egg mixture and coat with crushed mixture again.
- Heat half of the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it sizzles. Reduce heat to medium. Add 4 of the chops; cook for 6 minutes. Turn chops and cook about 6 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F, reducing heat as necessary to prevent overbrowning.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining shortening and chops.