Ham & Rigatoni Casserole
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Hatfield Country Made Boneless Ham (half) , diced
- 8 ounces rigatoni, (OR other short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 2 1/2-oz package white sauce mix, OR country-gravy mix
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 10-oz package frozen spinach, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over high heat; stir-fry pork for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet with slotted spoon; cover to keep warm.
- Add beans to skillet; stir-fry for 1 minute. Push beans to side of skillet; add 1 tablespoon oil to center of skillet.
- Add onion and mushrooms; stir-fry all vegetables for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Stir together tomatoes, cornstarch, sugar, salt and basil. Add to skillet; bring to boil. Add polenta. Cook, stirring gently, over high heat for 1 minute.
- Return all to skillet; cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute.
- Transfer to shallow pasta serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately with a side of garlic bread.
- *TIP- To easily slice pork tenderloin into thin slices, partially freeze tenderloin about 1 hour or until it is firm, but not hard.