Five-Spice Pork and Apple Salad
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Hatfield® All Natural Tenderloin or Hatfield® Simply Tender™ Tenderloin Filet
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice , divided*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 Fuji apple, OR other sweet-tart apple
- 1/4 red onion
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil , OR other neutral-flavored oil
- 12 cups mixed salad greens, (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season tenderloin on all sides with 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder, salt, and pepper. Place tenderloin in shallow pan and roast for about 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. Remove pork from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- While pork is cooking, core and thinly slice apple. Thinly slice onion.
- While pork is resting, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder. Add salad greens, apple, and onion and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Arrange salad on plates or a platter
- Cut pork into thin slices. Arrange on top of salads and serve.