Birch Beer Braised Ribs
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 135 minutes
- 2 each Pre-Cooked Baby Back Ribs
- 2 each Sweet onions
- 1 cup Barbeque sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) can Birch beer
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Apply dry rub mixture to the pork ribs (can be done 24 hours ahead of time).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a skillet over medium to high heat, brown the pork ribs on all sides (should take 7-8 min).
- Place the ribs in an oven proof pan and scatter the onions all around them.
- Pour in the birch beer and seal with a lid or tin foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the pork is tender approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove birch beer.
- Slather the pork with the barbeque sauce and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the meat is brown and the sauce is thick.