Baked Ham with Sweet & Sour Plum Sauce
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 110 minutes
- 8 lb Hatfield Country Made Boneless Ham (Whole)
- 1 15-ounce can purple plums packed in heavy syrup, drained, pitted and pureed
- 1 cup undrained crushed pineapple packed in pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour, 30 minutes to 1 hour, 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Brush ham with sauce every 15 minutes during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Remove to serving platter and tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Brush with sauce. Carve and serve with remaining sauce.
- If desired, garnish with green onion flowers, wedges of fresh plums and unpeeled pineapple.