Scrambled Eggs with Ham & Avocado
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 07, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/8 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 slices Hatfield Deli Ham, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/4 avocado, diced*
- Toast (if desired)
- Lightly brown ham in a small skillet over medium heat, approximately 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Toss green pepper into skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Pour eggs over green pepper; cook, scraping bottom frequently with a flexible heatproof spatula, until just set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate. Crumble bacon over top; sprinkle with cilantro and avocado. Serve with toast, if desired.
- *Choose heavy, undamaged avocados. One that yields slightly to pressure is best for slicing and dicing; if pressure leaves a small indentation, the avocado is best mashed. Avoid very soft avocados, as they will be overripe and unusable.