Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 70 minutes
- 8 ounces of Hatfield® Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms (can use canned or fresh)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- In a skillet, brown sausages along with onions until no longer pink. Drain and cut into small pieces. Place American cheese slices on bottom of crust and top with sausage pieces and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, nutmeg and allspice. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.