Ham on Biscuits
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 07, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed Hatfield Ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham, green pepper and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in the bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in eggs, basil and parsley.
- Split warm biscuits in half horizontally; top with ham mixture.