Ham & Cheese Muffins
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces Hatfield® Ham Steak, boneless, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 12 regular muffin tins. In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Whisk together the egg, buttermilk and oil in a small bowl. Stir in the ham and cheese.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix. Spoon into each of the prepared muffin tins approximately 3/4 full. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and let cool.
- Bacon and Cheese Muffins: Substitute 6 slices Hatfield Bacon, diced and panbroiled, for ham.
- Sausage and Cheese Muffins: Substitute 8 ounces Hatfield Pork Sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained, for ham.