Breakfast Polenta Crostini with Ham & Wisconsin Asiago
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 07, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 9 thin slices Hatfield Deli Ham
- 2 11-oz tubes refrigerated polenta with sundried tomato
- 3/4 cup Wisconsin Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil, OR 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato-flavored mayonnaise
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Slice each tube of polenta into 6 slices. Arrange slices on baking sheet. With a small spoon, scoop out shallow depression in each slice. Spray slices light with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine Asiago cheese, Roma tomato, pine nuts, and basil. Set aside. Stack three slices of ham and cut into quarters, keeping stacks intact. Repeat twice.
- To assemble, spoon some of the cheese mixture into depressions in polenta slices. Top each polenta slice with about 1/2 teaspoon of the tomato-flavored mayonnaise. Add a stack of ham slice quarters to each polenta slice. Top each with some of the remaining cheese mixture. Return the crostini to oven and heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.