Baked Egg with Canadian Ham, Tomato and Potatoes
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 6-oz package Hatfield® Canadian Ham Slices, chopped
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup refrigerated red potato wedges, no-oil added, cubed
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons nonfat half and half
- 4 teaspoons Swiss cheese, OR Gruyere or white Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat inside of four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups/ramekins with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Canadian ham, potatoes, tomato and chives in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture evenly in ramekins.
- Break egg into each ramekin on top of the Canadian bacon mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of half-and-half over each egg. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake in heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg whites are opaque and yolks have firm edges but soft in centers. Remove from oven.
- If desired, sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve immediately.
- * For a Southwest twist, toss the Canadian bacon mixture with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder before spooning it into the ramekins.