Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: August 31, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 80 minutes
- 4 med. sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds total), scrubbed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
- 4 slices Hatfield® Bacon
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, rub sweet potatoes with oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on sheet (keep oven on).
- Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise; scoop out 1/3 cup flesh from each half into a medium bowl. Add buttermilk, brown sugar and paprika to bowl. Mash until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Stuff sweet-potato skins with filling.
- (To store, refrigerate, up to 2 days.)
- Arrange sweet-potato skins on sheet; bake until lightly browned around edges, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate; crumble. Stir together sour cream and 2 tablespoons water; drizzle over sweet-potato skins. Garnish with bacon, paprika, and scallion; cut in half to serve.