Sausage Cheese Snack Bites
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound Hatfield® Recipe Essentials™ Ground Sausage or Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread, cut into 22 slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mozzarella cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, basil and mushrooms.
- Place bread slices on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; spoon 2 tablespoons of sausage mixture on each. Top each with a half slice of cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.