Mexican Pork Chili
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 19, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 80 minutes
- 5 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 3 lb. Hatfield® Recipe Essentials™ Ground Sausage or Ground Pork
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 42 fl oz. chicken broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4-1/2 oz. each) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup poblano chili, seeded, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped jalapeno chili
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup queso blanco
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, seasonings and salt. Cook till browned, breaking up meat with spoon, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add cooked meat, broth, beans, hominy, chilies, cumin, lime juice and pepper.
- Bring chili to boil; reduce heat and simmer for an hour.
- When ready to serve, stir in cilantro and top with cheese. Makes 15 cups.