Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: May 10, 2013
Prep/Cook Time: 855 minutes
- 1 rack of Hatfield Spareribs
- Kosher sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
Special preparation: Marinate
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish meat side down.
- In a small bowl whisk the oil, lime juice, tequila, shallots, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour marinade over ribs in glass baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Turn over every couple of hours.
- Remove ribs from refrigerator and let sit until room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to low.
- Place ribs, meat side down, and slow grill, turning and basting with the marinade every 15 minutes. Cook for 2 hours or until tender. Remove from grill, cut into individual ribs.