Bourbon BBQ Ham Steak Jambalaya
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: October 09, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 2 cups Bourbon BBQ Ham Steak, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can ready-cut tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers and garlic; sauté until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes with their juices, Ham, wine, thyme, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil.
- Gradually stir in rice. Cover pot.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until rice is tender and most liquids are absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.