Bourbon BBQ Ham Steak Hush Puppies
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 07, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 ea- Bourbon BBQ Ham Steak (diced)
- 1 cup- Corn meal
- .25 cup- Flour
- 1.5 tsp- Baking powder
- .25 tsp- Salt
- 1 ea- Egg
- .75 cup- Milk
- .25 cup- Red & green pepper (diced)
- Dice bourbon bbq Ham Steak into small dice pieces.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- Add the egg and milk mix to the dry mix and combine till smooth. Then fold in the diced Ham and peppers.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- Add one spoon full of batter into the hot oil and begin to fry. Once the batter starts to brown, flip the hush puppy over to fry the other side.