Bourbon BBQ Ham Steak Hush Puppies
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: August 31, 2015
Prep/Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 ea Bourbon BBQ Ham Steak, diced
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ea egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup red & green pepper, diced
- Dice bourbon bbq Ham Steak into small dice pieces.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- Add the egg and milk mix to the dry mix and combine till smooth. Then fold in the diced Ham and peppers.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- Add one spoon full of batter into the hot oil and begin to fry. Once the batter starts to brown, flip the hush puppy over to fry the other side.