Bacon Wrapped Figs
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 07, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 strips Hatfield® Bacon, halved lengthwise
- 12 figs, stemmed*
- 12 pecan pieces, toasted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese, (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped OR 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 4 layers of paper towels on microwave-safe plate. Top with bacon slices. Cover with two more layers of paper towels. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes to render fat from bacon but not crisp. While bacon cools, slice each fig twice, starting at stem end, and cutting three-quarters of way to bottom. Stuff each fig with a pecan piece. Wrap a half strip of bacon around each fig and secure with toothpick. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Turn. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until bacon is sizzling and begins to crisp. In small bowl, combine syrup and cayenne pepper. Brush mixture over appetizers.
- For dip, combine all dip ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill until serving time. Makes: about 1/2 cup. Serve appetizers warm with dip.