Bacon & Mushroom Bite-Size Quiche
Hatfield Quality Meats
Published: November 07, 2014
Prep/Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 8 slices of Hatfield Sliced Bacon
- 1/4 pound of fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 2/3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Pastry for double crust pie (homemade or purchased)
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
Cooking Utensils You’ll Need
- Pastry board
- 3-inch cookie cutter
- 2 1/2 inch muffin pans
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Roll out pastry dough on a lightly floured board to 1/16 inch thick. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter cut out 42 circles. Re-roll scraps as needed. Lightly grease wells of the muffin pans. Place dough circles in the well of the muffin pans. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain, and crumble. Set aside.
- Sauté chopped mushrooms in butter until liquid evaporates.
- Combine mushrooms, crumbled bacon, green onions, and Swiss cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon on top of mushroom and bacon mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until light brown. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.